How GoalFocused are you?
- Goal definition
- Change leadership
- Organisation alignment
- Governance & reporting
In association with CASS Business School
Leaders are facing significant challenges..
Leaders are dealing with an increasingly complex and challenging environment. They are in most cases under pressure to reduce costs, deliver performance whilst sustaining growth. As the pace of change is accelerating, leaders are finding it harder to stay in control and ensure that managers and staff understand and are fully engaged with the strategy (a key driver of discretionary effort and staff retention).
With less budget and fewer resources available for improvement, leaders are finding it tough to take the right decisions on investment. Whilst such value creation is a critical measure of success, very few organisations have been successful at tracking it. This is due in large part to the lack of an integrated approach and ad-hoc, archaic practices.
How we can help you - making strategy personal
The GoalFocus approach has been specifically designed to address the many complexities of change and effective strategy execution. It is supported by a comprehensive methodology and enabled in award winning software tools (see ChangeDirector) which ensures that the capability to deliver sustainable change is transferred to our clients. Our specific goal is to ensure that key stakeholders - or people who have a part to play in delivering the plan - are provided with key measures of performance ahead of time.
A typical client engagement might include the following steps:-
1. A review of the current situation (potentially with the involvement of a partner) to identify areas for potential improvement. For example:
- clarifying the strategy
- realiging projects to the strategy to reduce operating costs whilst improving service performance
- developing leadership accountability
- improving the quality of performance measures and supportive data requirments
2. Demonstrate the value of improvements, by delivering or supporting a short pilot (weeks not months) in a representative area of your organisation. Including:-
Areas for investment / cost reduction
3. Train and coach your teams to adopt new and / or improved practices where required
4. Implement new methods and tools supported by an integrated strategy framework
5. Measure the value of improved practices and leave you with a sustained way of working.
Client examples include:
For Cambridge University Hospitals (CUH) - GoalFocus was contracted to deploy its CIP-Tracker application to address the Trust's cost improvement (CIP) needs. With help from Accenture it was implemented for use by 200 hospital staff.
“CIP Tracker provided one single version of the truth, reduced overhead and complexity of maintaining multiple spread-sheets, reduced the risk of errors and helped to identify double counted benefits” - Deputy Finance Director.
For a Global Manufacturing Company – The benefits of the the Goalfocus process have been remarkable - not only have I been able to focus my leadership on the most important issues we have also saved £6m in 9 months. CEO
Accelerating Value is at the heart of everything we do.
We focus on the explicit requirements for strategy execution which are the constant themes regardless of sector:
- Clarity and transparency around what needs to be done to achieve the vision
- Understanding of how this will be achieved – who, what when, where and why?
- Gaining the commitment and engagement from those who are involved
- Coaching for long term success
- Delivering personalised real time executive information
- Building processes and infrastructure to sustain progress over time
- Our goal is to help our clients to implement and optimise the management processes, systems and tools they need to win