- What information do I need to ensure progress towards the commitments?
Short Term Wins
- Simple, clear information for decision making
- Progress ensured
- Accountabilities followed through
For organisations to execute strategy effectively they need to have plans in place that leaders and staff are engaged with and committed to. Plans and report formats which are personalised and insightful, with visibility of accountability and commitment, provide leaders & staff the reassurance that they are aligned, focused and on track.
To support this, GoalFocus has developed its compehensive Strategy Execution Framework (SEF). This is comprised of an integrated set of management methods & report formats enabled by world class software tools.
Key components & differentiators of our framework include:
- WinningMapsTM – the proprietary formats at organisational, departmental, team and personal levels that include performance measures, risks, initiatives, value metrics and behaviours. These formats enable improved executive accountability and are highly engaging & informative for staff at all levels:-
- Line-of-SightTM – shows how each individual’s performance goals drive the achievement of the organisation’s strategy with drill down from performance goals to specific process metrics, behaviours and improvement metrics. Exception reports are insightful
- Industry Templates – the formats and examples of leading industry practice that can be used as a reference for your own organisation
- Value AcceleratorsTM – the metrics to measure the performance of strategy execution. These enable organisations to improve & sustain governance performance
- Inherent Security – the security logic within the framework providing highly secure and personalised information.
GoalFocus-SEF is flexible enabling organisations & our consulting partners to align it to the needs of specific programs or for the organisation as a whole.
The decision to change practices for strategy execution is difficult to make given concerns about levels of maturity and the range of stakeholder involved. We therefore recommend starting with a practical review, tailored to your needs, that puts the framework through its paces, demonstrates value and secures buy-in from key stakeholders.
The process has four key stages:-
- Strategy Execution Review – how well is your strategy defined
and are the right measures and plans in place to execute it?
- Cost Improvement Plan Review – are you on track to deliver the cost
improvement targets and are there opportunities to improve practices?
- Portfolio Review – are initiatives aligned with your strategy
and is it optimised in terms of cost, value, quality & safety, service
improvement, capacity and risk?
- Program Benefits Review – Are the business case benefits achievable
and are organisational stakeholders committed to the realisation plan?